- Streamline and simplify your wardrobe. Before leaving the house, ask yourself, “How can I make this look sleeker?”
2. Keep fabric in mind: Tweed, cotton and linen often look expensive.
3. Pull a Kate Middleton and select jewel-toned color palettes.
4. Purchase pieces with clean lines. This tip especially pertains to scarves; avoid fabrics that end with fringes.
5. Opt for a simple, black bag without any embellishment.
6. Wear glass or real pearls for necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
7. Low-priced heels look more polished in faux suede than faux leather.
8. Buy smooth undergarments to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions or awkward underclothe lines. This will also help your clothes flow nicely.
Bonus Tip: Replace coat and jacket buttons to achieve an expensive look. Select buttons that appear gold, ivory or glossy.
Favorite Style Articles
10 Dress Code Rules Everyone in the Royal Family Must Follow, Reader’s Digest
11 Style Tips for the Girl on a Shoestring Budget, Who What Wear
A Woman’s Ideal Wardrobe, According to Coco Chanel, Who What Wear